Monday, March 30, 2009


Down the stairs of the highway You could look up and see
The world that seems so unknown
and yet you have lived there forever now
Doesn't make any sense somewhow..

Its the same
most things I claim to see everyday
very visual, very blinding
struck by the light of some metal rips in my pocket
I bend down and they bow
Doesn't make any sense somehow..

A beggar with a limp in the name of a life
walks upto anyone he can see
begs and tells me the reasons to do so
I ask him to let me be
I see similar inexplicable eyes
on a dog, a puppy, a child and a cow
Doesn't make any sense somehow...

He limps his way to an older man
on two wheels he gets of his
grabs his wallet picks a 5 rupee coin
I am moved by his charity
he reaches for the beggar's palm
picks up the change 4 rupees its wat I see
I look at the man , He looks at the man
who picks up the change and gives a 5 rupee
I wonder who the beggar could be
the light goes green and I go Wow
this time it did make sense somehow...

No comments: