Thursday, May 21, 2009

Slither wall ticks

Fierce and forgiven
falls the shadow of the wall on me
I flick a match light to get rid of me
stubborn it seems
so i rather light the last cigarette i see.

Several walls i have been through
several went through me
dreams of concrete
sequels of bricks
painted over and over again
red, white
blue, pale yellow
hiding the plight of being so old

Higher than before
wider than ever
thicker than my veins
sharper than the knife
i cnt cut through them
so i let them cut through me

Infra red roses
ultra violent blue
disparity climbs from the floor to the wall
from one to another
on every wall
i am living through them all

It comes full circle
when the walls open in a window
the light travels through but not out
looks back at me
flickers and shrinks
to squeeze through the pane
vanishes outside
drenched in the rain
I reach for the window
and the raindrops sqaw
I smile my first smile
I flick a match light
I smoked many last cigarettes i saw...

No comments: